"When asked the question “Will you wait until you are married to have sex?” I, like the realist I’ve always been, said, “Gosh, that sounds like a lovely and romantic thing to do, but I don’t think it’s a realistic expectation to put on myself.”"
- This One Time, When I Was a Virgin by Jess Leftault on Serving Tea To Friends
"So, friends, I put it to you. Help a girl out? What should I do to make my tresses love me again?"
- Gorgeous Brunette Seeks Hair Care Products, Styling Tips for Long, Luscious Locks by Gina Luttrell on Serving Tea To Friends
“When people ask me why I chose to be a vegetarian, my brain lights up. I pull any one of those answers from a hat and sell my story. Then the meat-headed investigation: How do you get your protein? I hear that’s really unhealthy. I love meat too much! I’m a natural meat-eater. Are you healthy? How can you do that? Do you eat turkey? No…I’m serious…can you eat turkey?”
- On Being a Chicken Vegetarian by Kate Stogsdill on Serving Tea To Friends
"But what I’m holding out for is that he is just as scared to say something as I am. There’s a word for that is some dead language from, like, the very tip of South America that means the exact same thing. I haven’t done the math, but I think that means that maybe, just maybe, I’m right and just haven’t pulled enough petals off of daisies.”
- Of Bikes and Boys by Leigh Moyer on Serving Tea To Friends
"I didn’t want a job; I wanted a career. I wanted to make a difference. That’s what I was here to do, not clean dishes and make babies. This whole marriage thing was a scam.”
Why I Choose To Marry by Gina Luttrell on Serving Tea To Friends
Love the “Alice in Wonderland” vibe.
Magazine: Marie Claire China
Photogrpher: Amber Gray
Styling: Guillaume Boulez
Hair: Yoichi Tomizawa
Makeup: David Tibolla
Lighting design: Julian Bernstein
"I’d like to say that I acted with cool, swift motions like the heroes I’ve admired since youth."
- Of Mice and Mightiness (Part 2) by Gina Luttrell on Serving Tea To Friends
"And since we’re on the topic, I don’t really like cockroaches, riding my bike next to buses, train tracks, riding my bike across train tracks, gutters in pools, gutters in streets, cattle guards, cattle, stopping and mooing at cattle, or the dark."
- Scaredy Cat? Present and Accounted For by Leigh Moyer on Serving Tea To Friends